Behavioral Health Organizations 


The map above shows all of the different BHO’s (Behavioral Health Organizations) of Washington. Each BHO contracts with a variety of groups and organizations to provide particular services for their area.

So, if you have just moved to the area, or have just realized that you or a family member needs services of one type or another, contacting the BHO is the fastest way to learn who is doing what in your area.

Simply determine your Behavioral Health Organization by looking at the map above, and then scroll down the list to get to all the contact information for your BHO.

This BHO list has all of the current contact info for each BHO, which includes the address, phone numbers, ombuds services, and a link to their website, if they have one.

North Central Washington Behavioral Health Organization – (509)-886-6318

Serving Chelan, Grant and Douglas Counties

300 S. Columbia Third Floor, Wenatchee, WA 98801
Ombuds Services: 1-800-346-4529
24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-852-2923

Chelan and Douglas County

  • 509-662-7105 or 1-800-852-2923
  • Walk-in to 701 N Miller St, Wenatchee, Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm

Grant County

  • 509-765-1717 or 1-877-467-4303
  • Walk-in to 840 E Plum St, Moses Lake, Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm
  • Walk-in to 203 Central Ave S, Quincy, Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm


King County Behavioral Health Organization – (206) 296-5213

Serving King County

401 Fifth Avenue, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98104-2333
Toll Free: 1-800-790-8049
Local: (206) 263-9000
TTY: TTY: 206-205-0569
Ombuds Services: 206-477-0630 or 1-800-790-8049
24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-866-427-4747

Great Rivers Behavioral Health Organization (800) 392-6298

Serving Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Pacific, and Wahkiakum counties in Washington state

PO Box 1447 57 West Main Street, Suite 260 Chehalis, WA 98532 Office: (800) 392-6298 Fax: (844) 310-1906 Ombuds Services: 1-866 439-3064 24-Hour Crisis Lines: Lewis County: 1-800-559-6696 Pacific County: 1-800-884-2298 Wahkiakum County: 1-800-635-5989 Website

North Sound Behavioral Health Organization

Serving Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom Counties

301 Valley Mall Way, Suite 110
Mount Vernon, WA 98273-2858
Toll Free: 1-800-684-3555
Ombuds Services: 1-888-336-6164
24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-584-3578

Salish Behavioral Health Organization
(360) 337-4886

Serving Clallam, Jefferson and Kitsap Counties

614 Division Street, MS 23
Port Orchard, WA 98366-4676
Toll Free: 1-800-525-5637
Ombuds Services: (360) 692-1582 or 1-888-377-8174
24-Hour Crisis Lines:
Kitsap County: (360) 479-3303 or (800) 843-4793
East Jefferson County: (360) 385-0321 or (800) 659-0321
East Clallam County: (360) 452-4500
West Jefferson County: (360) 374-5011
West Clallam County: (360) 374-6177


Optum Pierce County Behavioral Health Organization – 1-253-292-4200

Serving Pierce County

3315 South 23rd Street Suite 310
Tacoma, WA 98405-7915
Toll Free: 1-866-673-6256
Ombuds Services: (253) 302-5311 or 1-800-531-0508
24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-576-7764

Spokane Regional Behavioral Health Organization – (509) 477-5722

Serving Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens

312 West 8th Avenue, Fourth Floor
Spokane WA 99204-2506
Toll Free: 1-509-477-5722 or 1-800-273-5864
Ombuds Services: Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille and Stevens Counties: 1-800-346-4529 Spokane County Ombuds Service: 509-477-4666 or 1-866-814-3409
24-Hour Crisis Line: Adams County: 509-488-4611 Ferry County: 1-866-268-5105 Lincoln County: 1-888-380-6823 Okanogan County: 509-826-6191 or 1-866-826-6191 Pend Oreille County: 1-866-847-8540 Spokane County: 509-838-4428 or 1-877-678-4428 Stevens County: 1-888-380-6823

Thurston-Mason Behavioral Health Organization – (360) 786-5830

Serving Mason and Thurston Counties

412 Lilly Road NE
Olympia, WA 98506-5132
Toll Free: 1-800-658-4105
Direct: 360-867-2602
TDD: (360) 786-5602 or 1-800-658-6384
Ombuds Services: (360) 867-2556 or 1-800-658-4105
24-Hour Crisis Lines: 1-800-754-1338
Crisis Information and Referral Line: 360-586-2800


Greater Columbia Behavioral Health Organization
(509) 735-8681

Serving Asotin, Benton, Columbia, Franklin, Garfield, Kittitas, Klickitat, Walla Walla, Whitman and Yakima Counties.

101 N. Edison Street
Kennewick, WA 99336-1958
Toll Free: 1-800-795-9296
Ombuds Services: 1-509-783-7333 or 1-800-257-0660
24-Hour Crisis Lines:
Asotin: 888-475-5665
Benton-Franklin: 800-783-0544
Columbia: 866-382-1164
Garfield: 888-475-5665
Kittitas: (509) 925-9861
Klickitat: (509) 733-5801 or 800-572-8122
Walla Walla: (509) 524-2999
Whitman: 866-871-6385
Yakima: (509) 575-4200 or 800-572-8122
Yakima Children: (509) 576-0934 or 800-671-5437

Southwest Regional Support Area

Serving Adams, Clark, Skamania

Services in Clark and Skamania counties are managed by the Washington Health Care Authority’s Apple Health plans. For more information, call 1-800-562-3022

The WACs for
Parents of Special Needs Children

The WACs are: The regulations of executive branch agencies as issued by authority of statutes. Like legislation and the Constitution, regulations are a source of primary law in Washington State. The WAC codifies the regulations and arranges them by subject or agency. The online version of the WACs is updated twice a month.

The WACs are arranged by title, and currently the WAC titles number from 1 to 468, and under each title, they are further broken down by chapter. These chapters are then broken down into smaller and smaller subsections and headings, for easier navigation and research. Printed versions are updated twice a year, and as mentioned above, the online version is updated twice a month.

So, if you happen to see a printed WAC related to the topic you are researching, be sure to check it against the online version, just to make sure you have the latest version of the applicable WAC.

DadsMOVE has spent some time, and researched the WACs (all 468 of them), and created this short list for your use as a parent of special needs children. If you don’t see what you are looking for, please feel free to view all of the current WACs, and use the website search feature to help you find what you need. If you are still having trouble, you can always send us an email, and we are happy to help, anyway we can.


Child Support
Child Protective Services
Foster Care/Adoption/Reconciliation
Domestic Violence
Aging and Adult Services
Child Care Agencies/Licensing Requirements
Assistance Programs

Medical Assistance
Juvenile Rehabilitation
Alcohol and Substance Abuse
Problem Gambling
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Developmental Disability Services
Mental Health
Special Commitment Center
Vocational Rehabilitation

DSHS Resources and Programs to Assist You

DadsMOVE WADADS has compiled many of the DSHS Resources into a single page for easier navigation.

DSHS stands for Department of Social and Human Services. Many of the programs are available through out the state, but they can vary slightly, depending on what area of the state you reside in.

DSHS Mental Health Homepage – County government agencies and 145 private and non-profit organizations provide treatment for most of Washington’s estimated 126,009 adults and 37,552 children with mental illnesses.

DSHS – Children’s Administration, Washington State – Children’s Administration staff in 44 field offices work with children and families to identify their needs and develop a plan for services which support families and assure safety and well-being for children. These services are designed to reduce the risk of abuse, prevent out-of-home placement, and assure safety and permanency for children in care. In many instances, the Children’s Administration can provide referrals to local services in your community. One of the best DSHS resources.

DSHS Acronym List – There is a “lingo” specific to the mental health system, much like the “legalease” that attoneys speak in. It is very hard to know what the professionals are saying, unless you understand the “lingo”. Here is a list of common acronyms used by DSHS, the state, and most care providers.

DSHS Finding State and Federal Benefits – With this DSHS resource, you can find and apply for additional benefits and assistance for your child’s or family’s needs. Again, the services do vary slightly from one area to another.

Washington Prescription Drug Program – The Prescription Drug Program has developed several tools, released discount card programs, and pooled resources with other organizations with the same goal in mind… providing information and programs that serve the residents of Washington and their current needs for prescription drug purchasing assistance. This is a great DSHS resource to utilize.

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families – TANF provides temporary cash and medical help for families in need. Persons who are caring for a relative’s child, are legal guardians or are acting in the place of a parent are also able to apply for TANF benefits on behalf of these children.

Children’s Medical Programs – Children under the age of 19 have access to a variety of different medical programs to select from and apply to. Each program offers unique features or benefits. Please note that each program has its own eligiblity requirements. So you will have to apply to each program individually.

Division of Developmental Disabilities – The mission of the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is to endeavor to make a positive difference in the lives of people eligible for services, through offering quality supports and services that are: individual/family driven; stable and flexible; satisfying to the person and their family; and able to meet individual needs. Supports and services shall be offered in ways that ensure people have the necessary information to make decisions about their options and provide optimum opportunities for success. Another great DSHS resource, be sure to check them out.

Children’s Long Term Inpatient Program (CLIP) – The CLIP Administration is responsible for policy and clinical decision making regarding admission to Washington state’s five CLIP Programs. The CLIP Administration is also the statutory placement authority for adolescents involuntarily committed for up to 180 day of inpatient care. The CLIP Administration assists the Mental Health Division of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS/MHD) with monitoring the care provided by the CLIP Programs.

Kinship Care in Washington State – Are you a grandparent or other family member raising a relative’s child? You are not alone. Over 35,000 people in Washington State are caring for a relative’s child. The financial, legal, and emotional issues of raising a relative’s child can be challenging. Services and support when raising a relative’s child can be a lifesaver. Getting answers to questions and finding services, programs, and support can be confusing and overwhelming. Please visit Kinship Care for info on programs, services, resources and more.

Kinship Care Resource List
Find the Support and Services You Need

Kinship Care is a term used to identify people who are raising family members, other than their own children.

And since we welcome all male caregivers of children with emotional, behavioral, and mental health concerns, we felt it was important to inform you of this service, which is provided by DSHS.

Normally this term is associated with grandparents who are raising their grand children, due to a variety of circumstances. But, if you are an aunt or uncle, a cousin, or sibling, raising a dependent child, you meet the criteria, as well. Over 35,000 people in Washington State are caring for a relative’s child.

The financial, legal, and emotional issues of raising a relative’s child can be challenging. Services and support when raising a relative’s child can be a lifesaver. It is for that reason that we have assembled this list of resources.

Here are a few facts regarding this situation in Washington state…

    • There are 61,905 children living in grandparent-headed households (4.1% of all the children in the state).
    • There are another 24,086 children living in households headed by other relatives (1.6% of all the children in the state).
    • Of the children living in households headed by grandparents or other relatives in Washington, 35,761 are living there without either parent present.
    • 35,341 grandparents report they are responsible for their grandchildren living with them (7,903 in King County and 5,364 in Pierce County): 6% of these grandparents are African American; 10% are Hispanic/Latino; 5% are American Indian or Native Alaskan; and 48% are White.
    • 39% of these grandparents live in households without the parents present. 71% are under the age of 60; 13% live in poverty.

So, there is no reason to feel alone in your situation. There are thousands of folks in Washington, in a situation like yours. And, there are numerous resources available to assist you. Click here for a printer friendly list of kinship care resources.

Ombuds Services
Providing Resolution to Problems

The Ombudsman provides a way for consumers to have their concerns related to their mental health care addressed.

Upon recieving a complaint or grievance, the Ombuds Services will research and investigate the consumer’s situation, advocate for the consumers’s expressed interest, and facilitate a resolution to the issue.

Ombudsman are trained to resolve complaints at the lowest level possible. This may include resolution at the Community Mental Health Agency (CMHA) level, or at the Regional Support Network (RSN) level.

Some complaints do become formal grievances, if a resolution cannot be achieved. The Ombuds Services will also assist the consumers with the grievance proceedure, including preparation necessary for the State of Washington Fair Hearing process.

So, if you cannot get a resolution by working with the service provider, there is someone to help you achieve a resolution. The Ombuds Services do, in many ways, work the same way as other consumer advocates.

Below is the complete list of Washington State Ombuds Service Offices. We have included the physical/mailing address, phone numbers (including the toll free numbers), email contacts, and even the websites of those that have one.

Chelan-Douglas RSN

Aging and Adult Care of Central Washington
50 Simon St. SE
East Wenatchee, WA 98802-7727
Work Phone: 1-509-665-3319
Toll Free: 1-800-346-4529
Email Ken Stern, Email Jeff Howard or Email Erin Nelson

Clark County RSN

Mental Health Ombuds for Clark County
16420 SE McGillivray
Suite 130, PMB 910
Vancouver, WA 98683
Work Phone: 360-397-8470
Toll Free: 1-866-666-5070
Email Melanie Mairino

Eastern State Hospital

Eastern State Hospital
PO Box 800, Maple Street
Medical Lake, WA 99022-0800
Work Phone: 1-509-299-4520
Email John Murphy

Greater Columbia Behavioral Health RSN

Mental health Ombuds, Inc.
2810 W Clearwater Suite 103
Kennewick, WA 99336
Work Phone: 1-800-257-0660
Email Ti Nelson or Email Chris Hoag

Grays Harbor County RSN

Grays Harbor County RSN Mental Health Ombuds
2109 Sumner Avenue
Aberdeen, WA 98520-3699
Work Phone: 360-500-4071
Toll Free: 1-866-439-3064
Email Theresa Mahar

King County RSN

King County Ombuds
King County Ombuds
Yesler Building
400 Yesler Way, Room 402
Seattle, WA 98104
Work Phone: 206-205-5329
Toll Free: 1-800-790-8049
Email Dave Black, Matthew Wilson, or Rosea Adams

North Central WA RSN

Aging and Adult Care of Central Washington 1336 Pioneer Way, Suite 103 Moses Lake, WA 98837-2410 Toll Free: 1-800-346-4529 Email Erin Nelson or Email Jeff Howard

North Sound Mental Health Administration RSN

North Sound Regional Ombuds
330 Pacific Place
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Mailing Address: PO Box 1507
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Toll Free: 1-888-336-6164
Email Chuck Davis 360-416-7004, Extension 2
Email Susan Lange 360-416-7004, Extension 1

Peninsula RSN

PRSN Mental Health Ombuds
9004 Washington Ave. NW
Silverdale, WA 98383
Work Phone: 360-692-1582
Toll Free: 1-888-377-8174
Email Diane Knight or Tricia Scott

OptumHealth-Pierce County RSN

Pierce County Ombuds
6315 South 19th Street
Tacoma, WA 98466
Toll Free: 1-800-531-0508
Email Carolyn Glover 253-302-5311


Southwest RSN

Southwest RSN Ombuds c/o SWRSN1952 9th Street Longview, WA 98632 Work Phone: 360-414-0237 Email Timothy Krueger

Thurston-Mason RSN

Thurston-Mason Ombuds
Thurston County Public Health and Social Services Department
412 Lily Road
Olympia, WA 98506
Work Phone: 360-754-2982 or 360-280-7656
Email Donna Kelly

Timberlands RSN

Timberlands Ombuds
1140 NW Warrenton Drive #302
Warrenton, OR 97426
Work Phone: 360-795-3118
Toll Free: 1-866-439-3064
Email Theresa Mahar

Southwest RSN

Southwest RSN Ombuds c/o SWRSN1952 9th Street Longview, WA 98632 Work Phone: 360-414-0237 Email Timothy Krueger

Program Manager for Ombuds Issues

Mental Health Division PO Box 45320 Olympia, WA 98504-5320 Work Phone: 360-902-0820 Email Hank Balderrama

Office of Consumer Partnerships

Mental Health Division
PO Box 45320
Olympia, WA 98504-5320
Work Phone: 360-902-0202
Position currently open